Friday, July 17, 2009

My dad & our visitors!!

As I have mentioned on here before, we had been counting down to July 15th, which was when Nana and Poppy (my mom and dad) were coming to visit. We were so ready to pick them up from the airport that afternoon! But my dad started have some issues with his heart...his heart was racing and pounding, chest tightness, and other telltale symptoms. Of course, being a male, he did all he could to avoid going to the hospital, but finally relented (I think it was after some heavy persuasion from my brother!). Thankfully he hadn't had a heart attack and after being monitored overnight they found that his heart would stop for several seconds at a time. He didn't even feel it though when it did this. He only noticed it when it was racing at other times. In other words his heartbeat was just all out of whack! He had a heart cath the next day and thankfully again, he had no blockages, but he did need a pacemaker and to be sent home on medicine. He's doing wonderfully now and recovering well! I can't tell you how relieved we all are. I know he's been dealing with the racing heart for a while. It was so hard to not be there with him during all this, but I knew he was in the best care with all our loving family and friends. Our family is so blessed with a wonderful church family and wonderful friends, who were all continuously checking on him and my mom. When Dad called us while he was in the hospital, I don't think I've ever loved to hear his voice as much. I have always had a close relationship with my Daddy and it is something I'll treasure forever. When I think of him the first thing that comes to mind is how strong he is, even though he's still a softie deep down. (That softness is starting to show more and more as he ages, though! ha!) And I have always loved his hands, so big and strong. He's worked hard his entire life and is so smart, something he doesn't give himself enough credit for. He started a business over 30 years ago and has grown it into something we are all proud of that has allowed him to amply provide for his family. I wish he didn't still have to work so hard, but you know what they say, if you stop going you start having all sorts of problems. They have been making time to travel the last several years and they both enjoy that so much. My parents are more wonderful than I can ever explain. They have supported Tommy and I through high school and college, and I can never repay them for their support while we were living with them the last year and a half! It was a tough time for my little family at times, but Mom and Dad were there supporting us and praying for us the entire time. I love them both more than they'll ever know! Tommy and I are definitely blessed with 2 wonderful sets of parents!


My mom and dad-aren't they such a nice looking couple?!


Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long for more visitors! The youth group from our home church, Fair Park Baptist in West Monroe, is coming to youth camp here in Oklahoma next week. My sister, Cherie, is very involved with the youth...and let me tell you, they are lucky to have her! She is coming with the youth group to camp and my niece, Katelyn, and nephew, Jonathan, are in the youth so they are coming. I had planned to meet up with them sometime to see them all, and then I realized I could invite Cherie's other 2 younger kids, Zak and Macy, to ride along with them and stay here with us while they are at camp. So now we will have my niece and nephew here this Sunday until next Saturday, and Cherie, Kate and Jonathan will also be staying with us next Friday night before heading back to WM on Saturday!!! We're so excited!! And it ended up working out perfectly because now the group is coming here to Broken Arrow Sunday night and staying the night at a church here, before driving on to camp on Monday. We just cannot wait to see familiar faces and the kids are so ready to have someone besides mom and dad to interact with! ha! (There are some kids here they play with but nothing like their cousins!) Now we're keeping our fingers crossed for Jaime, Savannah and Abbie to get to come visit!!!


Can't wait to see these faces!!!!

Me with my sis, Cherie~yes, she's beautiful!

Katelyn, Zak and Macy~Cherie's pretty kiddos!

Katelyn and Jonathan with a friend, Savannah.

We also have plans for Ma C and Pops (Tommy's parents) to come visit at the end of the month and my parents are rescheduling their trip for early August! So we are so thrilled and will be able to keep a countdown for visitors going for a little while!!! Woohoo! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment