Monday, September 28, 2009

What we've been up to...

So, I had planned to post this over the weekend, but then my computer completely died on me. :( Don't know what happened, but I'm hoping we can at least get my pictures and videos extracted from it. I vow to learn my lesson this time and keep our family pictures backed up! But I'm using Tommy's laptop in the meantime...

We had a nice weekend. Tag had a game Saturday. We aren't sure if they won since they don't keep score, but we think they may have tied. ;) But I do know that Tag pulled 3 flags! He was proud proud and each time he runs straight to coach to let them know he got the flag...as if they hadn't seen! Moments like that make you realize how much sports or other extracurricular activities help build self confidence. Bella is still loving dancing. Our weeks are starting to be somewhat full and I know they will only get busier as the kids grow. On Mondays we have dance, Tuesday - football, Wednesday - Jefferson Milers (a running club Tag has joined after school that promotes exercise and running for the kids, and for each mile they run they get a "foot" charm to add to a bracelet), Thursday - football practice or game, Saturday - football game. But we're loving it all!

Tommy is doing great in his Internal Medicine rotation. We're enjoying his schedule of 7 days on and 7 days off. His 7 days on are long and tiring some days, but it's nice having that week off. He's making rounds at the hospital, writing orders and admitting patients from the ER. It's a big responsibility and he's doing fantastic! He's starting his 4th week this week, so just 8 more. We have gotten some tough news recently.....we may be having to move from Tulsa sooner than we thought because St. Francis Hospital is cancelling their contract with St. Matthews (Tommy's school) for some reason. It's so frustrating and I'm praying this will not be the case. We really really love it here and with kids in school, it's not so easy to just pick up and move during the school year. And as always, it's nothing we can plan ahead for, making it all SO much harder to deal with. Please pray that this situation will work out with as little stress on our family as possible. So many issues are running through my mind ranging from the financial stress of moving once again, down to my sweet Bella's plans for being in her dance recital here in May. But I will not give in to the worries because we've been through so much already and keep coming out on top! I'm certain that if we do have to move, we'll soon find out it was for the better. Just please keep us in your prayers!

I went to substitute teacher training this past week and in a couple weeks should be in the system to get started. I only signed up for subbing at the kids' school becuase I'll need to be able to pick them up after school. I am already volunteering on Wednesday mornings helping out Bella's teacher with any copying, cutting, laminating, etc, and have signed up to work the Book Fair after Fall Break. I enjoy being up at the school volunteering and making relationships with the teachers. I guess this is in my blood since my mom was the same way when we were young...and it meant alot to know she was around! In the rest of my free time, I've been exercising regularly and I'm trying not to get discouraged since I'm not seeing results as quickly as I'm wanting. UGGGGGHHHH! I've made so many changes, but I guess I have to realize it took me 7 years and 2 kiddos to get my body in the shape it's in currently, so it's just going to take some time! ;) I'm completely impatient with it though!



I went to the fabric store over the weekend and got some things for my next sewing projects! I actually made Tag some warm fleece pj pants on Saturday and I'm quite proud at how much he's loving wearing them! I didn't have a pattern to follow for these...just looked at some other pj pants he has...therefore I was busy, busy undoing and redoing seams that I kept doing backwards. Ugh! So it looks like for me, following a pattern or not, it's going to be work! It definitely tried my patience, but I learned lots, once again! I got a pattern off of Etsy for some cute ruffle pants for Bella and I'm itching to get started on them!

Bella and I went to the Taylor Swift concert last night (you guessed it, that'll be another post!)! I do believe this made Bella the happiest girl in Tulsa last night! I will never forget how tightly she squeezed my hands when Taylor first stepped out and how wide her smile was, or how sweet it was to watch her singing her heart out to the songs! Sweet, sweet memories and I'm grateful that I have such an awesome husband that went out of his way to surprise us with the tickets!

I think this catches you up with what's going on in our daily lives! Thanks for reading! =)


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment