Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm baaaack!

Hello all! That is...if I still have anyone following my blog since it's been so long! When I was home over Easter I had several friends ask if I had dropped out from the blogging world, so I thought I'd give it a go again. I got overwhelmed with being so behind that I just stopped. But now I'm just going to pick up with the present and forget all I've missed.

Just to update...

Tommy is in his 4th week of his 6 week Psych rotation in Falls Church, VA. This rotation has been quite interesting (a little scary for me to think about the patients he's dealing with!) and has really flown by. Well, at times it has, but then at times it's been forever since he left Tulsa. Tag has had a really really hard time adjusting so please keep him in your prayers, and Tommy also, of course. I can't imagine being away from the kids for 3 mos and admire him so much for being so strong and doing what he has to do to make a good life for his family. I know this is so hard for him even though he'd never show it. And I keep telling Tag that these things only make our family stronger and that 3 months really isn't that long when you think about it! But I'm thankful that I get to talk to Tommy often and I know my mom always checks in on him too, so he's being well looked after even though he's so far away!! I would hate for him to feel like he's forgotten while he's off over there! :)

Tag is doing wonderfully in school and reading so well! He's so proud and so are we! It's an amazing thing as a parent to watch your kid learn to read. You can just see that door opening for all the things to come! Tommy and I have always read to them and have a HUGE library of kids' books and are always buying up more and more and I think this has always kept them interested in books. He is playing ball also and not really a huge fan of it right now. He doesn't mind playing, but just doesn't get into it that much and it doesn't hold his attention well! ha! But as long as he wants to play he will play, we will never push sports on him. He is doing Jefferson Milers (the running club at school) right now also and enjoys trying to get as many "feet" charms as possible. He has tons of friends living around us in the apt so he plays outside every minute of the day that he can. On weekends nowadays our tv is rarely turned on b/c they are outside playing all day! I love it! It will be hard to move again and not have all these friends around for the kids to play with, though! Tag has also grown a ton! I measured him the other day and he's grown 2 inches in less than a year! Wow!! My parents could not get over his growth at Easter and they had just seen him a little before that! I keep telling him to slow it down, but he doesn't listen. :) He is looking forward to his first school field trip at the beginning of May and kindergarten field day! These last weeks of school should help the time pass until we can be with either Daddy or our family in WM.

Bella Rose is doing great also. Getting a little too sassy for her own good, but I guess I've always known she was a little rotten! ;) She's the little princess of the family, for sure! She's very ready to be done with school and be back in WM. In fact, I think she'd have no problem leaving us here and living there right now! Little toot! Of course she thinks that when we are in WM we'll always live with Nana and Poppy since that's where we've stayed while in WM for as long as she can remember. So I guess she'll be shocked when we have our own house there! ha! She's still into babies and Barbies and is constantly rearranging her big dollhouse. She's done so well in prek and is ready to be a big kindergartener next year (although her mommy's not ready for this at all!). She asks for a "real puppy" and a "real baby" just about every day and I can't wait to be able to give her both! :)

We went to visit Tommy last weekend and had a wonderful time in DC. We cried when we first saw him and we cried when we left him, but the in between was really a great time! His place he's living is perfect for him and a great location. I'll post some pics from the visit later in another post.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment